[Reply] Connecting your Instagram account
|IN THIS ARTICLE|
|| Connecting your Instagram account
| Converting your Instagram account to a Business Profile
Buffer Reply supports Instagram Business Profiles. If you have an Instagram Personal Account, you will not be able to connect it to your Reply account. If you like, you can convert your Personal Account to a Business Profile, following the steps here. Once connected, comments on your Instagram posts and ads will start arriving into your Team Inbox.
Connecting your Instagram account
Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click on Preferences.
Select the Social Accounts tab.
Click on Instagram.
Since all Instagram Business Profiles must be connected to a Facebook Page, you'll first need to enter your Facebook login details. Click Login With Facebook.
Enter your Facebook username and password and then click Log In.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE LOG INTO THE RIGHT FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
You will need to be logging into your personal Facebook Profile that has the Admin Role on the Facebook page connected to your Instagram account. If you log into a Facebook Profile that does not have the Admin Role on the Page, it will not be possible to connect your Instagram account.
You'll need to authorize Buffer Reply to access your Facebook account. Click OK to confirm.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT CLICK CHOOSE WHAT YOU ALLOW
You'll notice here an option to Choose what you allow. This option is required to be shown in this step due to Facebook's guidelines, but modifying any of the permissions here will mean that we are not able to authenticate with Facebook and your Instagram account will not be connected.
Finally, click on the Instagram account you'd like to connect and you should be all set! If you see a "NOT SUPPORTED" message next to your Instagram account, then it still needs to be converted to a Business Profile. Please refer to the section below for further steps.
- Head over to Facebook and navigate to the Page that you would like to be connected to your Instagram Business Profile.
- Click Settings at the top of the Page and then click Instagram on the left hand side.
- Click Log In towards the top of the screen (screenshot here).
- Enter your Instagram username and password.
- You'll see a pop up window prompting you to set up your Instagram Business Profile (screenshot here). Follow the on-screen instructions. If you've dismissed the pop up window, click Get Started to the right of "Switch to a business profile" (screenshot here), and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Business Profile.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, ensuring you select a Facebook Page to link to your Instagram account.
- Tap Done.
Converting your Instagram account to a Business Profile
If your Instagram account is currently a Personal Account, you'll need to convert it to a Business Profile. It’s possible to convert your Instagram account to a Business Profile either via the Instagram mobile app, or via Facebook.
It is imperative that a Facebook Page is linked to your Instagram Business Profile in order to connect it to Reply. Therefore, we recommend converting via Facebook, since this guarantees that a Facebook Page will be correctly connected to your Instagram account, whereas we have found some users to run into hiccups getting a Facebook Page connected to their Instagram account when converting via the Instagram mobile app.