[Analyze] Connecting your social accounts
|IN THIS ARTICLE|
|Summary||Connecting your social accounts|
|Converting your Instagram account to a Business Profile|
Buffer Analyze currently supports Facebook Pages and Instagram Business Profiles. Instagram Business Profiles must be connected to a Facebook Page in order to work with Analyze.
Connecting your social accounts
Connecting your first social account
The first time you log into your Analyze account, you'll need to connect at least one social account, either your Facebook Page or your Instagram Business Profile. Click on the social account you'd like to connect and follow the on-screen prompts.
Connecting additional social accounts
Follow the steps below to connect additional Facebook Pages and Instagram Business Profiles to Analyze.
Click on your profile avatar at the top right of your dashboard and then click on Settings.
The Analyze settings area will open in a new tab. Click the Add Social Channel drop down and then select either Instagram or Facebook.
Follow the on-screen prompts to get your social account connected.
If you don't see your Instagram Profile listed, this will likely to be due either:
- Your Instagram account is a Personal Account rather than a Business Profile
- Your Instagram Business Profile is not connected to a Facebook Page
In order for Instagram to work with Analyze, it must be a Business Profile, and it must be connected to a Facebook Page. We can only retrieve your analytics if these two conditions are met. Follow the steps here to convert your Instagram account to a Business Profile and ensure it is connected to a Facebook Page. Afterwards, you should see it listed.
Converting your Instagram account to a Business Profile
If your Instagram account is currently a Personal Account, you'll need to convert it to a Business Profile. It’s possible to convert your Instagram account to a Business Profile either via the Instagram mobile app, or via Facebook.
It is imperative that a Facebook Page is linked to your Instagram Business Profile in order to connect it to Analyze. Therefore, we recommend converting via Facebook, since this guarantees that a Facebook Page will be correctly connected to your Instagram account, whereas we have found some users to run into hiccups getting a Facebook Page connected to their Instagram account when converting via the Instagram mobile app.
- Head over to Facebook and navigate to the Page that you would like to be connected to your Instagram Business Profile.
- Click Settings at the top of the Page and then click Instagram on the left hand side.
- Click Log In towards the top of the screen (screenshot here).
- Enter your Instagram username and password.
- You'll see a pop up window prompting you to set up your Instagram Business Profile (screenshot here). Follow the on-screen instructions. If you've dismissed the pop up window, click Get Started to the right of "Switch to a business profile" (screenshot here), and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Business Profile.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, ensuring you select a Facebook Page to link to your Instagram account.
- Tap Done.