[Publish] Consolidating multiple Buffer Publish accounts
One large account or multiple smaller accounts?
If you have lots of social accounts to manage, it usually works best to have a Business Plan, so you can look after everything in one place. Our Small Business Plan ($99/month) allows you to connect up to 25 social accounts in total. If you need more space, you might like to consider our Medium Business Plan ($199/month), which has space for up to 50 social accounts, or our Large Business Plan ($399/month), which has space for up to 150. The Business Plans also have more advanced features compared to our Free and Pro Plans, which you can read about here.
However, it is also possible to have multiple accounts on smaller plans. For example, you might have five Pro Plans, allowing you to manage a total of 40 social accounts, for a cost of $75/month. This would give you more overall space than one Small Business Plan, but it wouldn’t be as efficient. Here’s a run down of the benefits of having one Business Plan account, instead of multiple Free or Pro accounts:
- There is no need to continually log in and out of each account. You only need to log into one account to be able to see everything in one place.
- You’ll be able to use Instagram Reminders. Although this feature is available on all of our plans, including the Free Plan, Reminders are sent to the account that you’re currently logged into on your mobile. Since it’s not possible to log into multiple accounts on your mobile, Reminders don’t work very well with this set up, since you might not be logged into the right account. If you have all of your Instagram accounts within one Buffer Publish account, Reminders will work seamlessly!
- You can schedule more posts per social account on our Business Plans than you can on our smaller plans. It’s 2,000 posts per social account on our Business Plans, compared to 100 on our Pro Plan and 10 on our Free Plan.
- If you have other people helping you to manage these social accounts, you might find it helpful to invite them as team members, which you can do on our Business Plans. You can invite up to 5 additional team members on our Small Business Plan, 10 on our Medium Business Plan, and 25 on our Large Business Plan. We also have an approvals process so you can review content from other team members before it’s sent out.
- You’ll have access to the Drafts feature on our Business Plans.
- You’ll have access to our enhanced Analytics and Reports on our Business Plans.
- You’ll be able to create Posting Groups, making scheduling content to multiple social accounts quicker and easier.
How to consolidate your accounts
If you currently have multiple accounts and you’re looking to consolidate, we can help! We can transfer social accounts from one Buffer Publish account to another. This would also copy over any posts that have already been published, as well as any scheduled posts, and your customised Posting Schedule (and all other settings).
If you have multiple accounts on the Free Plan and you’d like to move to a paid plan to consolidate, the first decision would be whether to purchase a Pro Plan or Business Plan. This would largely depend on how many social accounts you have in total. The Pro Plan has space for up to 8, and the Business Plans have space for up to 150 (depending on the specific Business Plan you choose). Feel free to check out this article for more guidance on choosing the right plan.
If you have multiple accounts on the Pro or Business Plan and you’d like to move to a larger plan to consolidate, the first decision would be which Business Plan has enough space to house your social accounts. You can find details on our Business Plans here. If you need to manage more than 150 social accounts, we also offer Enterprise Plans.
Once you’ve decided which plan works best for you, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- A list of email addresses associated with all of your existing Buffer Publish accounts.
- Which existing Buffer Publish account you’d like to use going forward. This decision can be as simple as choosing which email address you’d most like to use to log in.
- Which plan you’d like to subscribe/upgrade to. If you need an Enterprise Plan (for anything more than 150 social accounts), we’d be delighted to share some pricing options with you.
We can then get your chosen account upgraded to the right plan and transfer all social accounts over to that account. After that, we’ll cancel your other Pro or Business Plan subscriptions and issue any refunds due for unused time (if applicable). We would then advise deleting the other accounts to avoid any confusion, but we’ll confirm this with you before proceeding!