[Publish] How to choose the right Buffer Publish plan
IN THIS ARTICLE
Buffer Publish has a number of plans available. The Free and Pro Plans are ideal for individual users looking to schedule content for their personal social accounts. The Business Plans are ideal for teams and agencies looking to schedule content for their business or client social accounts, with the ability to invite team members to collaborate, and have access to advanced analytics.
The deciding factors tend to be:
- The number of social accounts you're looking to schedule content to
- The number of team members who will need access to Buffer Publish
- The number of posts you're looking to schedule in advance
- Whether or not you require in-depth analytics
|Free Plan||Pro Plan||Small Business Plan||Medium Business Plan||Large Business Plan||Enterprise Plans|
|3 social accounts||8 social accounts||25 social accounts||50 social accounts||150 social accounts||150+ social accounts|
|0 team members||0 team members||5 team members||10 team members||25 team members||25+ team members|
|10 scheduled posts||100 scheduled posts||2000 scheduled posts||2000 scheduled posts||2000 scheduled posts||2000 scheduled posts|
- All prices are USD. Unfortunately we're not able to bill for Buffer Plans in any other currencies right now. We apologise for the lack of flexibility there.
- Pinterest is not currently supported on the Free Plan. If you are looking to schedule content to one or more Pinterest accounts, we would recommend the Pro Plan.
- All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. We offer a 20% annual discount for the Pro Plan, and a 15% annual discount for the Business Plans.
What are the benefits of the Pro Plan, compared to the Free Plan?
On the Free Plan, you're able to connect 3 social accounts (excluding Pinterest) and schedule up to 10 posts in advance per social account. For example, if you're sharing 2 posts per day, you would be able to schedule 5 days in advance.
If you're looking for a bit more flexibility, the Pro Plan might be perfect. On this plan you're able to connect up to 8 social accounts, including Pinterest, and schedule up to 100 posts in advance. Here's a run down of the benefits of the Pro Plan, compared to the Free Plan:
- Connect up to 8 social accounts, compared to 3
- Pinterest integration
- Schedule up to 100 posts in advance, compared to 10
- Calendar view of each Queue
- Additional scheduling options including the ability to schedule posts in specific time slots within your Queue, and the ability to schedule posts for completely custom dates and times
- Additional Queue options including the ability to shuffle and empty your Queue
- The ability to set defaults social accounts
- Access to the Content Inbox where you’re able to follow up to 15 RSS feeds
- Choice of link shorteners - buff.ly, bit.ly, j.mp
- Access to the Posts Report allowing you to see analytics on the posts you’ve shared
- Option to re-share content using the Re-Buffer feature
What are the benefits of the Business Plans, compared to the Pro Plan?
On the Pro Plan, you're able to manage up to 8 social accounts and schedule up to 100 posts in advance per social account. For example, if you're sharing 5 posts per day, you would be able to schedule 20 days in advance.
If you're a team or agency, and looking to manage more social accounts and/or invite team members to collaborate, one of the Business Plans might feel like a better fit. Here's a run down of the benefits of the Business Plans, compared to the Pro Plan:
- Connect up to 25, 50 or 150 social accounts, compared to 8
- Schedule up to 2,000 posts in advance, compared to 100
- Invite up to 5, 10 or 25 team members, with the ability to assign access to individual social accounts
- Access to the approvals process
- Access to the Drafts area where all team members are able to create draft posts
- The ability to create Posting Groups, making scheduling content to multiple social accounts quicker and easier
- Access to enhanced Analytics and Reports
Keen to see our Business Plans in action? Join a Buffer Publish for Business webinar →