Working at Buffer
IN THIS ARTICLE
We're always honoured to learn that Buffer is calling out to so many people as a great place to work. We'd love to share some guidance here on how we hire at Buffer!
We tend to look for the following 4 attributes:
- Alignment with the 10 Buffer values
- A bias toward action
- Buffer use and understanding of the product (read why here)
- Skill and experience in the role
We've shared more on these 4 attributes in this blog post.
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer that has the awesome opportunity to add teammates from anywhere in the world! We're united by Buffer's values, and we celebrate our unique differences. We're excited about diversity and inclusivity - we hire talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and we're committed to a work environment of respect and kindness.
You will work in the place that makes you happy, that inspires you daily, and helps you to become the person that you wish to be. You will work daily with team members scattered around the world and across time zones to build a better culture and product.
How to apply
We post all open positions on our Journey Page here. If there are no open positions, feel free to click Join our mailing list at the top of the page, to be the first to hear about new positions.
We are so lucky to have between about 200 and 300 people applying for roles at Buffer each month. This does mean that it might take a little while for us to get back to you as we have such a large pool of awesome applications to read through. Don't worry, though, you'll definitely hear from us one way or the other!
We love to see candidates fully immersing themselves in the Buffer Open Blog here. This is a great way of learning more about how we work at Buffer, the culture and values, and loads more! Here are a few handy blogs you might like to check out:
- Using Values and Philosophies as a Guide: How Hiring has Evolved at Buffer
- The 10 Buffer Values and How We Act on Them Every Day
- My First Week at Buffer Bootcamp: A Diary
- How We Find the Perfect Fit With Our New Hires: Inside Buffer Bootcamp
- How We Structure Our Days as a Remote Team for Optimal Collaboration, Productivity and Creativity
- How Do Holidays Work at An International Startup? Here’s How We Do It At Buffer
- Building Deliberate Praise Into Remote Culture: 6 Methods We Use at Buffer
- Working From Home with Kids: 21 Tips From Our Remote Team