[Publish] Legacy Business Plan changes in June 2019
We are grateful to have had customers with us through several iterations of the Buffer Publish product and pricing structure. On June 25, 2019, we are retiring our legacy Business Plans and moving all of our legacy customers over to our current Business Plans so they can take full advantage of all the new features being built there.
What is changing?
From June 25, 2019, if you're on a legacy Business Plan, you will now have access to our updated interface and newest features such as Instagram Shop Grid.
You will keep your current price until your first billing date after October 1, 2019. On your first billing date after October 1, 2019, your price will increase to:
- $99/month for the Small Business Plan (or $1,010 if billed annually)
- $199/month for the Medium Business Plan (or $2,030 if billed annually)
- $399/month for the Large Business Plan (or $4,070 if billed annually)
If you currently have a nonprofit discount applied to your subscription, this will remain in place and apply to the new pricing.
Why are we making this change?
Our Business Plans were first introduced in 2013. One of our more significant pricing changes occurred in the spring of 2016, when we increased the price of our Business Plans in accordance with a number of new enhancements we'd added to the product in recent years. The prices changed as follows:
- The Small Business Plan changed from $50/month to $99/month
- The Medium Business Plan changed from $100/month to $199/month
- The Large Business Plan changed from $250/month to $399/month
This change only affected new-to-Buffer customers. All existing customers remained on their existing pricing plan. The updated prices became the new standard prices for the Business Plans. As such, anyone on a lower-priced plan has been referred to as being on a legacy plan.