[Publish] Information about free trials
Signing up for a free trial
We offer a free 7 day trial of the Pro Plan, and a free 14 day trial of the Premium and Business Plans. There is no trial for the Free Plan, since it's completely free to use for as long as you'd like!
To start a trial, head over to the pricing page here, scroll to the bottom of the table, and click Start trial for the plan you're keen to explore. Here's what will happen next, depending on whether you currently have a Buffer Publish account:
- If you already have an account and you're logged in, you'll be taken straight to your dashboard, with the trial enabled.
- If you already have an account and you're not logged in, you can enter your login credentials and you'll then be taken to your dashboard, with the trial enabled.
- If you don't already have an account, you'll just need to enter your email address and a password and that will get you going!
- It is not possible to start a trial from the Buffer mobile app (either iOS or Android). Please log into your account on your computer and follow the steps above.
- It is not possible to start a Business trial if you're currently subscribed to the Pro Plan paying via the App Store on iOS or Google Play Store on Android.
Completing a trial and upgrading your plan
If you're currently on the Free Plan, and you'd like to move ahead with the subscription at the end of your trial, all you need to do is head to the Billing area within your account, enter your credit card details, choose either the monthly or yearly billing cycle, and you should be all set! We won't take the first payment until your trial is due to end, so you can always do this earlier if you'd like to.
If you're already on the Pro Plan, and you'd like to move ahead with the Business subscription at the end of your trial, you won't need to do anything at all. Your account will be automatically upgraded at the end of your trial and the first payment will be taken. If you do not wish to upgrade, you will need to head to the Billing area within your account and cancel your trial.
The transition from trial to subscription is seamless and all of your connected social accounts, scheduled posts and analytics will remain in place.