[Publish] Do 3rd-party tools, like Buffer Publish, negatively affect reach and engagement?
Putting your trust as a marketer or brand in 3rd-party social media tools to manage all of your posts can be a bit scary. You might be wondering:
- Are my posts getting optimal reach and engagement?
- Do social media platforms penalize third party tools?
- Are 3rd-party tools really worth the cost?
These are some of the most common questions our Customer Advocates receive on a daily basis. And up until this research, we haven’t had any concrete data to say “yes” or “no” to whether or not 3rd-partytools affect the reach and engagement of posts.
We’re hoping to change that.
For an entire month, with the help of several amazing marketers and brands, we tested more than 200 posts across 35 social accounts to see exactly how 3rd-party social media tools stack up vs. native posting.
We’d love to share a quick summary of what we found ( you can find the full results here).
- 3rd-Party Tools: 9 posts / 81,639 total reach / 9,071 per post
- Native Posting: 9 posts / 79,380 total reach / 8,820 per post
- 3rd-Party Tools: 45 posts / 949,890 total impressions / 21,108 per post
- Native Posting: 45 posts / 975,223 total impressions / 21,671 per post
- 3rd-Party Tools: 9 posts / 63,221 total reach / 7,024 per post
- Native Posting: 9 posts / 54,646 total reach / 6,071 per post