[Reply] Conversation overview
IN THIS ARTICLE
Let's take a look around a conversation!
At the very top of any conversation, you'll have the option to go back to the list you were looking at, which may be the Team Inbox, or any of your other folders. You'll also have the option to jump to the previous or next conversation in the list.
Right hand side bar
On the right hand side of any conversation, you'll see details about user, along with options to follow or mute, and a list of any previous conversations.
- Profile image: The profile image of the user will be displayed.
- Follow user: Follow or unfollow a Twitter user.
- Mute user: Mute a user if you'd like to automatically send future conversations from them to the Spam folder.
- Public data: Public data such as a link to their social account (currently only available for Twitter and Instagram), their location (if known), any websites their linking to, and their bio.
- Help Scout: If your Reply account is integrated with Help Scout Docs, a link to Help Scout will be displayed. Clicking on this link will take you to Help Scout Search, with the user's name already queried. Learn more here.
- Previous conversations: Previous conversations with the user will be listed on the left hand side, which you can click on to view. Learn more here.
Within the main area of the conversation view, you'll see all threads between the user and your team. Users' replies will be shown in *white or grey, and always displayed on the left hand side, while your team members' replies will be shown in blue, on the right hand side. Internal notes added by team members will be shown in yellow, also on the right hand side.
*The most recent reply from the user will be displayed in white. Previous replies will be shown in grey.
Above the composer box, you'll have the following options:
- Tag: Add unlimited tags to the conversation. Learn more here.
- Note: Add an internal note. Only team members will see notes. Learn more here.
- Move: Move the conversation to the Team Inbox, Spam folder, or any custom folder. Learn more here.
- Status: Change the status between Open, Pending and Closed.
- Assign: Assign the conversation to another team member. Learn more here.
As well as being able to create your reply within the composer, you'll have the following options:
- Add emoji: Choose an emoji to accompany your reply.
- Add image: Upload an image to include with your reply.
- Insert saved reply: Saved Replies are pre-created messages that you can insert into your responses to conversations. Learn more here.
- Insert article from Help Scout Docs: If your Reply account is integrated with Help Scout Docs, you can choose an article to include with your reply. Learn more here.
- Inset direct message link (Twitter specific): Choose this option if you'd like to prompt the user to send you a DM. Learn more here.
When you're happy with your message, you'll have a few options to choose from:
- Reply: Send your reply and don't change the status.
- Reply + Close: Send your reply and set the status to Closed.
- Reply + Pending: Send your reply and set the status to Pending.
- Reply + Close + Assign to Me: Send your reply, set the status to Closed, and assign the conversation to yourself. There is also a default option for this setting, which you can enable by heading to Settings > Account.
New feature! 😎 In all cases, you will have a 10 second window after hitting reply, in order to retract the reply. Simply hit Undo at the top right of your screen.